Introduction to Capacity Building for Reconstruction
We invite community representatives to join the first webinar series on reconstruction in Ukraine offered by the European Commission! The course was developed by the European Commission together with Ukrainian professionals for Ukrainian municipalities who will be involved in the reconstruction process.
Module 0: Introduction to Capacity Building for Reconstruction
15:00-17:00 CET / 16:00-18:00 EET
Registration for Module 0: https://academy.europa.eu/courses/module-0-introduction
Launch video with President Ursula von der Leyen, European Commissioners Mariya Gabriel, Elisa Ferreira and Virginijus Sinkevičius
• Oleksandr Kubrakov, Deputy Prime Minister for Restoration of
Ukraine – Minister for Communities, Territories and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine (tbc)
• Virginijus Sinkevičius, European Commissioner for the Environment, Oceans and Fisheries:
How can the values of sustainability, inclusiveness and aesthetics guide and help a successful reconstruction in Ukraine?
• Hanna Bondar, Architect and Member of the Parliament of Ukraine (tbc)
• Fulco Treffers, Architect and urban researcher, Ro3kvit
• Solène Gautron, Policy Officer, New European Bauhaus, Joint Research Center, European Commission
Lessons from Ukraine and the EU – case studies
• Mustafa-Masi Nayyem, Head of Agency for Reconstruction and
Development of Infrastructure of Ukraine
• Grégory Doucet, Mayor of Lyon
Presentation of the capacity building programme
Presentation on other opportunities
• Ruth Reichstein, IDEA – Inspire, Debate, Engage and Accelerate
Action, European Commission
Participation in the program is based on pre-selection. We invite all interested parties to attend the Introductory module and ask your questions to the representatives of the European Commission and future teachers.
The programme consists of four modules:
1) Introduction to Capacity Building for Reconstruction (March 16, 16:00 EET): will define the main political framework of the programme aimed at sustainable and inclusive reconstruction.
2) Getting organised for reconstruction (April 3 - April 28, 2023): best practices for assessment and allocation of resources, participation tools and funding opportunities.
3) Circularity and Energy Efficiency (May 1 - May 26, 2023): ways to incorporate circularity principles into the post-war development strategies, solutions for smart distributed networks, autonomous energy and chemical/physical recovery of materials.
4) Housing Redevelopment and Maintenance (May 29 - June 23, 2023): different types of housing and the role of municipalities in housing management.
The course is developed and implemented by the New European Bauhaus: beautiful, sustainable, together with Ro3kvit: Urban Coalition for Ukraine ReThink in partnership with the Architects' Council of Europe and Covenant of Mayors - East, Eurocities, Housing Europe.